Thursday, May 03, 2012

A little of this and a little of that.


8 Days and counting.
Ruffles and Rust is coming fast.
Do you have your tickets for Friday night?
Are you and your friends ready to roll out to Monroe bright and early Saturday morning? Will you be having lunch at the Maltby Cafe, shopping in downtown Snohomish or exploring Monroe? 

I have gone through 15 glue sticks, 100's of hot glue sticks, pinched thousands of dots, bought numerous paintbrushes, learned a new waxing technique and hired the teenager as my assistant painter.  Who knew a 17 year old would be better at furniture painting than my husband? 

Here are a few photos from this past week. 

Early Sunday morning Jay and I headed out to Seattle to 'pick' through a garage unit full of vintage treasures. 
On the way there I spied this beast. 
I want it. 
What a perfect junking vehicle. 
Couldn't you see me pulling up to garage sales in this? 

Meet Betty. 
Betty meet Bride on a Bike friends. 
This darling lady was rescued from that pick I was just telling you about. She is missing one hand, but we are still looking for her. 
If you have a minute, hop on over to my bride on a bike facebook 
page to see Betty's photo a day. 

Jay seriously stalked our local thrift store to bring this piece home. He saw someone drop it off and he went back numerous times that day to see when it would hit the floor. So glad he was able to bring it home. Can't wait to get my hands on it this weekend. 

Love, LoVe, LOVE the base on this table. 
Chunk legs, six chairs and a killer idea. 
I will try to have this done for RR, if not it will make it to the shop soon.
On another note, The Modern Cottage Co. Vintage Co-op Market is now open Thursday - Sunday. 

This is a sweet vintage pink plastic childrens light. 
I have never seen anything like it. 
It also has a wind up music box on the underneath. 


A 4 piece baby set. 
Love the dog and the turquoise color. 

This is a great piece.  The top opens up to make a large table. 

How cute is this little side table?
My mom found this one. 
What color should I paint it?

Sneak peek. 

My new favorite color to paint with. 
Loving how this piece turned out. 

Random picture of the night. 
My fantastic birthday cake made by, 
Is that not the best cake you have ever seen?
A dresser with a union jack on the top. 
I spent my birthday with family and friends, playing badminton and eating delicious food and drinking my favorite wine. 


Have a fabulous weekend! 
Can't wait to show you pictures from the projects that I will start and finish this weekend.  Please pray for sun, I need it. 

Night all. 

No comments: