Thursday, June 21, 2012

cold thai salad w/ homemade peanut sauce

Best Ever Peanut Sauce


1 c. peanut butter
2 limes, zested and juiced
5 tsp. sesame oil
2 T. seasoned rice wine vinegar
4 T. soy sauce
6 T. honey
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 T. minced ginger
1 c. roughly chopped cilantro, stems and all
1 c. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
4 tsp. sriracha chili sauce (or more if you want more spice)
6 T. water


Add all ingredients to bowl.
SInce I don't have a blender (but I do have a magic bullet) I had to split my mixture in two batches to blend. 
Makes about 4 cups.



Serve over cold spaghetti. I use thin spaghetti and usually cook noodles and prep veggies the day before. I also grilled some chicken and chopped it up and placed in fridge to get cold. 
Julienne carrots, cucumber, wash bean sprouts, cut red bell pepper, wash and trim snow peas and garnish with fresh cilantro. 
Drizzle peanut sauce on top and enjoy.


This recipe has been made twice in the past week and I have served it along with the Gin Bucket on two seperate occassions in the last week. Delicious! 
This is a new staple in our house. 
I keep the extra sauce in this container in the fridge. 


Recipe adapted from here.

No comments: