...to want to make another one of these chairs.
Here are my reasons why NOT to do it.
1. It takes a long time to shred all the paper to small pieces
2. Takes a lot of Elmers glue
3. I cannot do anything while making this, my hands are covered in glue and stick to anything i touch
4. You don't even know how long it takes to cover the whole chair in tiny pieces of paper
5. I carted it around to a few different venues before it finally sold
On the otherhand I had fun making it and I can try using larger pieces of paper and adding more embellishments to it. Here is the one I made a few months ago.
|First I sanded the chair.|
|Did a quick coat of Killz primer.|
|Here is the after photo prior to me actually finishing the fabric on the seat.|
|This chair was made with paper from an old hymnal book and fabric from Joann's on clearance.|
|I also made a similar stool in sheet music, the seat cushion was removable so you could store your candy in there.|