Monday, April 09, 2012

Violetta's Baby Shower mock up

My sister is throwing a baby shower for her friend Violeta, who is expecting her first child, a daughter. 

It has been awhile since I have been on Pinterest and thought I would do a mock up of a shower for her. 
The colors my sister has chosen are brown, hot pink and chartreuse.
Hope you like these Laurie. 

Let's start with the ceiling decor. 
I love the simplicity of the tissue paper pompom's.  They are super inexpensive and Hallmark has lots of great tissue paper to choose from. 
These would look great hanging around the inside of my sister's house.  She has a large open living, dining, kitchen area with vaulted ceilings. 
Picture these in the three colors. 

I would make a variety of tea sandwiches. 
These are cucumber tea sandwiches.  A little different than the typical ones I make but they look ddelicious. 

I would also make these, Curried Egg Tea Sandwiches.

These are always a huge hit when I make these.  Plus the presentation is fun. 
Rainbow Fruit skewers with vanilla cinnamon yogurt dip. 

This cake would be on a vintage glass cake plate, I would have the icing in a pink color to go with the pink, brown and chartreuse color theme. 
This fabulous cake was made by Bridgette, owner of A Sweet Affair. 
Here is the link to her facebook page.

Had to share these. 
I am in love. 
Please save this idea for my future baby shower. 
Swoon. 

This is where I would love to host this shower. 
One can dream. 

Next I would really like a brown chevron tablecloth.  Can you whip one up, Laurie?  {kidding, but seriously can you?}
A huge YES to drinks in glass drink dispensers and striped straws. 

This is beautiful. 
Again think of this but in Violetta's colors. 
Love the way the table is set. 


Doesn't this pink punch look wonderful. 
I would like a glass of it now please. 
Pineapple juice, Frozen pink lemonade, ginger ale and strawberry ice cream. Easy enough. 
I would make this punch.... 

...and serve in glasses with these fantastic lime green striped straws. 

And last but not least order one of these fabulous diaper cakes in the flower theme from Little Britches Bakery. 

Let me know if you need help putting any of this together. 
Whatever you choose, it will be lovely. 

Good night all. I am off to browse through Pinterest some more. 

No comments: