Sunday, July 10, 2011

Grand Jour, de la grande estime, grande société

Which translates to, Great day, Great finds, Great Company.
Saturday morning I was able to sleep in a little then fly to meet some friends at a co-workers garage sale and found this beauty.  It is a top to an antique writing desk.  I am thinking of refinishing it and adding a chalkboard top where the leather piece used to be and some short spindle legs.
 After that garage sale I was on the phone with Amanda and she was cleaning her house on this lovely Saturday morning so i talked her into meeting me at the Bellevue Goodwill.  We had fun browsing for some boyfriend jeans and some sweaters.  Yeah I know it is summer but they were having a sale.  We made a quick stop at the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland and we stumbled upon the French Flea Market on Park Lane.  This is the 3rd year for this fabulous sale, but my first time attending.  I found some fabulous finds! Look at the large handmade Scrabble letters. 

 Who wouldn't want or love to have this wine holder?

I am so making this for my family and for Kristen's housewarming gift!  In case you can't see the sign it reads:

In this house:
We do second chances
We do grace
We do I'm sorrys
We do mistakes
We do loud really well
We do hugs
We do family
We do love

A great and very creative use for an old fridge. 

I even ran into a few of the other vendors I met at the last Ruffles & Rust Show.  Sending out a thank you to The Vintage Nest, Bohemian Gypsy, Fussbuckets, Kathryn and Elizabeth.  It was so good to see you and thank you for the fabulous finds!! See you in October. 


Amanda and I had lunch at Cactus and it was delicious.  We shared a Pineapple Margarita and raved about their chips and salsa.  If in the Kirland area, it is a fabulous place for lunch or dinner.  We sat outside where we could overlook the Flea Market and watch the shoppers. 

Here are some of my finds collected throughout the day at the French Flea Market, garage sales, thrift stores and some new finds at 'real stores.' I have a few new and exciting opportunities for decorating friends homes, throwing a few parties and planning some vignettes for a new client. 

I love this white cheese box, 3 tiered tray and jar filled with corks. 

I was lucky to find two of the brown crates, rusty basket and I just love old rusty tool and tackle boxes.  Seriously how many can one person have? Not enough. 

A vintage looking 'new' basket and a duplicate picture frame.  I already own the other twin.



Found this cute childs table and childrens chair at two seperate thrift stores.  Too cute. 

My mom found the next 3 items for me while out garage saling.  I am thinking of painting this cart white, your thoughts? It is hard to tell but it is an ugly peach right now. 

Love tis old wooden wagon.  Can't you just picture it full of plants?

An old mop bucket ready for planting.

Love the numbers on the side. 



What did you find this weekend?  

On another note, my darling niece has made such fantastic progress the last few days we are hoping that she will be able to come home this week. Thank you all for your love, prayers and support.  



No comments: