Sunday, September 25, 2011

Martha would be proud


Yes, Martha would be proud.  
Yesterday I spent 10 hours painting, sanding and waxing furniture.
It was fun and felt very productive. I was however not very good at snapping photos.  I was in the groove, Pandora radio, Iced Coffee, leftover pulled pork sliders for lunch, Jay running to Home Depot for more spray paint and sanding blocks. Josie was at work all day and returned in the evening with my favorite sub, what a darling. 

I did however manage to snap a before, during and after photo of this little project. 

Before: Small vintage child's chair

I used the Silhouette to cut out the stencil. 
Then I painted with Federal Blue, let dry and sanded to make it look like it had been on there for a long time. 


After: I applied a coat of Minwax finishing paste and we are now finished. 

What do you think?


We took Josie's friend home today, (just so we could stop by her goodwill) sick I know. 

Jay found this cute little set and 2 vintage books.  One is in french the other is german. Perfect for some upcoming projects.

Yes another old wooden ironing board. 
Found this at an estate sale today for half off. 


Score!!  
Pottery Barn pillows with down inserts and there are 5 of them! 

No comments: