Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Need an idea for dinner?

Tonight I am sharing one of my families favorite dinners. 

White Chicken Chili
1 c. water
1 1\2 c. chicken broth
3 tbs. lime juice
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tbs. olive oil
2 cloves garlic - crushed
4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 c. chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken
1 - 16 oz. bag frozen sweet white corn
2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies (undrained)
2 cans undrained great northern beans

~ In large pot add broth, water, spices, garlic & olive oil.
Bring to a boil.
~ Add chicken, low boil, simmer 30 minutes until chicken is fork tender.
~ Remove chicken, shred with fork and return to pot with the liquid still in it. 
~ Add remaining ingredients, return to a boil.  Simmer 45 minutes.
Enjoy.


When we made this for our 2nd Annual Chili Cookoff at my parents house we won first place!  I am hoping to win again with it at my work's chili cookoff tomorrow.  Wish me luck!



3 comments:

Kortney said...

After reading the recipe I am wishing I had some today. :-)

natalie said...

O.K.!! I made this for Dinner last night. I have 3 picky Kids, and a very honest husband. Well, We all LOVED it!This stays in the recipe box. Thank you. Only thing I did different was sautee the onions and garlic before adding. DELICIOUS!

Devon said...

I am so glad they all loved it! You will have to try this one next and let me know what you think, Taco Soup. Posting it tonight. Will you please send me your new address, I have something to send your way. You can send it to brideonabike@gmail.com. Happy Thanksgiving!