Wednesday, October 26, 2011

How about them apples

SInce the show has been over I have found myself baking every night, making good dinners once again and catching up on house work.  It is true, my house was a disaster, fabric everywhere, 4 glue guns in various rooms, hammers, paint, sanding blocks, burlap and junk everywhere.  No joke.  If only I was brave enough to show photos. 

Last night I made one of our family favorites, Lemon Olive Chicken and a Paula Deen, Apple Cake.  See below for the recipe and photos. 

My two friends, Bev and CB {also vendors at RR} had a fabulous booth.  I picked up this vintage coffee urn.  I took a close up of the inscription. I still need to look it up to see what August Suffion is. 




Loved this saying.  Might just have to make this. 

Monday night is a mini date night for Jay and I.  
Which in turn is actually spending a half hour together at the Goodwill.  He found this really large apothecary jar.  I had seen this at John Bob Cool Junk's space at RR and knew exactly what I was going to put in it. 

Ta da!! Don't you just love?!


Paula Deen's Fresh Apple Cake from Georgia

I still had some apples leftover from work and felt like baking so I searched online and stumbled across this recipe.  The reviews were all good, so I decided to give it a go.  I brought it in to work to celebrate a birthday and it was a huge hit.  I highly recommend trying out this cake.  I will probably make it again this weekend to share with friends. 





The recipe calls for the icing {mainly butter and sugar} to be poured over the cake immediately after removing from oven.  I was a little apprehensive at first pouring this over the top, but Jay convinced me to follow the recipe as it was written.  And I was not the least bit disappointed when it was all said and done. 

This cake was so very moist and flavorful.

No comments: