Monday, October 10, 2011

Employee Suggestion Box


Employee Suggestion Box 

We picked up this handmade toy box at a garage sale this summer. 
Before I bought it I already had a project in mind.
First I dry brushed three different milk paint colors.


Then I printed off the wording in the size and font that I wanted. 
Traced the words on the box and then handpainted. Let dry and then sand and wax the whole piece. 




I love it so much I am half tempted to keep it and use as my coffee table. I can always make another. This beauty will be at the Ruffles & Rust show.


Map Table

This cute little coffee table did not find a new home at the last show, so I knew I needed to revamp it a bit. 

I have been seeing a lot of decorating with maps in other blogs and catalogs.  In my newly (semi) organized craft area of the garage I have a drawer full of vintage maps. Jay and I decided to use a King County map that is pretty colorful.  We cut it to fit the top of the table. I used a mixture of glue and water and we basically mod podged it on.  We used the scraper to smooth it out and minimize the bubbling. Once it was dry Jay sprayed a clear coat on top for protection. 

Not the best after picture, I apologize.

What do you think?
Again I just LOVE it!!!

Before I sprayed it black it was red. 
Overall not bad, but I knew it could be better. 

My friend Danny cut the corks in half and I hot glued them inside and voila! A nice wine cork tray. 


This was the darling childs bookshelf that I found at a yard sale. Not bad before, but by adding the vintage sheet music in the back it just finishes the piece. 
Ready to go home with you from Monroe. 

Check back tomorrow. 
I will have some teasers for you of some fabulous finds I have that will be at the show. 
Have a good night! 

No comments: