Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pork and Potato Skillet

Here is your dinner idea for tomorrow. 
Trust me you will not be disappointed. 
And you can't ask for an easier recipe.

I present to you....

Pork and Potato Skillet



Coat a skillet with cooking spray and place over medium - high heat. Add 1/2 c. chopped onion, 1/8 tsp. each of salt and pepper.  {Feel free to add more pep if you like, i did.} and 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic, saute 3 minutes. 

Add cubed pork lean pork {i bought a pack of 3 pork chops from the butcher}; saute for 3 - 5 minutes. 

Add 1 1/2 cups cubed potato, 2 c. broccoli florets, and 1/4 c. chicken broth and cover with a lid.  Cook over medium high heat until potato is tender. 

Feel free to add more or less pork, broccoli, potato or onion.  I also would watch the last step closely, I did need to add a little more broth until the potato was cooked all the way through. 


I have now made this twice in the last two weeks and we love it.  We served it with a green salad.  

Let me know if you try this recipe and what you thought of it. 

No comments: