Sunday, January 08, 2012

The downstairs bathroom makeover

I finally have the before and after photos for our downstairs bathroom makeover. 
This was long overdue.
My mom was over two days before Christmas and announced now was the time. She had a plan all laid out.  I loved it. 
Hope you do too! 


Before photos:
(Boring, I know. This was a very neglected space.)


I do love this beach scene, reminds me of Cannon Beach.  
I don't have a place for it anymore, if you are interested in it, please let me know. 

White walls.
Broken towel rack.
Pale pink vanity.
HUGE mirror. 
Shells and beach glass. 

This was just blah.
Get ready for the ohh la la After! 

After: 
I don't even know how to describe this.
Love, LOVE, LOvE!!!


This curtain was a major score back in the day.
I first spied it at the thrift store for $20, I thought that was a little much considering there was only one panel.  I went back the next week and managed to pick it up for .99! How you say!  Well that color tag just happened to be the .99 price for that day.
It has been shoved in a closet for the past 4 years but I couldn't get myself to toss it out, thank goodness.  I think it works perfectly in here. 

Paint is Martha Stewart - Graphite. 
Table - thrift store find $5
Two vintage mirrored frames - thrift store $20 for pair
All decor items were picked from around the house

{I do plan on changing the actual artwork out of the frames into something else. Maybe an old black and white photo, dont know}


Plates by Rosanna - picked up at my mom's house



Bird Tealight holder - thrift store $5
Bird planter - thrift store $5
Plant - Home Depot $3
Vintage books - garage sales {cheap}

Martha Stewart mirror - Home Depot $30
Room Service sign - picked out of mom's house
Wire basket - thrift store $3
Mason Jar soap dispense - made by my mom
Candle Holders - Pier One 
New lighting - Home Depot $25

We do plan on replacing the sink and vanity, just didn't have it in the budget right now. I am hoping to find one on Craig's List or at Costco. Let me know if you find a good one.


Thanks for checking out my new bathroom makeover.  
It has light a fire in me to start on other rooms. 

No comments: